Centre of Excellence for Screening of Environmental Contaminants (CESEC)
- Faculty of veterinary medicine-Toukh-Egypt
Mission and Vision
Our mission is to develop a deeper, more science-based environmental contaminants screening system that ensures public health safety.
Our vision is a contaminants screening system that steadily delivers safe food to everyone.
Centre of Excellence for Screening of Environmental Contaminants (CESEC) is funded in 2020 to help Egypt create innovative, science-based screening system to ensure food safety, cope with contaminants screening challenges and achieve the Egyptian presidency vision 2030.
- Promote research that enriches our knowledge and considered a practical trail to any screening methods to meet public health demands and contaminants screening challenges.
- Developing innovative scientific screening methods of different contaminants in meat, chicken products and liquid samples, alcohol, and perfumes purity.
- Awarding professional diploma and master’s degrees in the field of contaminants’ screening for international students affiliated to scientific colleges.
- Scientific writing and international publishing.
- Data analysis and presentation.
TSQ Quantis™ Triple Quadrupole Mass Spectrometer
Easily answer critical analytical challenges during targeted quantitation.
Uses: Pharmaceutical, Environmental, Food Safety, Clinical Research, and Forensic Toxicology
Triple Quadrupole GC-MS
Offering proven performance and productivity, ideal for high-throughput laboratories performing food, environmental, pharma, petrochemical, or forensic toxicology testing.
iCAP™ TQ ICP-MS
Delivering research level trace elemental analysis, combined with routine ease-of-use, high performance, future-proof ICP-MS solution.
Applications: Environmental and Food; Clinical and Biological analysis; Pharma and Nutraceutical analysis.
Milestone Ethos UP
The Ethos UP is a flexible and high performing platform used for trace elements and routine analysis in food laboratories.
Uses: Sample preparation, digestion, microwave solvent extraction, high-temperature fusion, vacuum evaporation, and even organic and inorganic synthesis or protein hydrolysis.